Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Egg

Serotonin is a powerful thing. One day you can convince yourself you're a Vulcan Ambassador or a fabulously caped Mega-Mind and the next, soft-boiled egg is the best you can come up with.

Maybe it's not just the seratonin, but the stomach aches, nausea, headaches. I'm stunned how quickly you can get from point A to point B. Fine one minute and totally decimated the next. It's the blink of an eye, flick of the wrist. Things change. Things change fast. I've never loved my body, it's never worked super great, but it was sure manageable... how much we take for granted. I'd like to put my brain in a jar and just call the shots from there. Or go to sleep for six months until I know where this is going one way or another and at the same time I know I should be savoring every minute. So many contradictions, so much time going by, being wasted, and simultaneously, standing still.

1 comment: