Sunday, June 10, 2012

Diamonds and Rubies

Today I'm feeling like I look like Michael Stipe or an all-powerful empress from a faraway land. If only there were a jewel encrusted tiara in my goody bag I wouldn't have this identity crisis. I can tell you this, I don't like the stubble on my head. I preferred being completely bald and smooth. This time around, having lost only large patches of hair, I've got a lot of stubble and I can't figure out how to get a close shave... I don't have experience head-shaving and this isn't included in any of the pamphlets they give out.

I had dinner with some friends last night and I fear I was a babbling lunatic. I spend most of my time with doctors and nurses, or with children, or lying prone in one place or other, so that when I get out in public I turn into a squawking menace. It's not pretty.

I ate chinese food last night and a big bowl of ice cream today all while I have a fridge overflowing with vegetables. I'm off track, got to get back with the program, tomorrow is a new week, so it's a perfect time to start, and here's to hoping that when I go in on Tuesday I have gobs of new white blood cells.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of what stay-at-home moms of little ones are like when they get to hang out with only adults for a change. I know *I* was a babbling lunatic at those times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was one of the adults and you were no more of a lunatic and any of the rest of us!!!! had a great time, terrific to see you as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, except my kids aren't little and i don't think i've gotten over it.

    ReplyDelete