Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fruit Salad and the Avengers

Hearing my moroseness on the phone, my friend C suggested some mindless escapism at the Avengers. The Avengers is a very loud movie. The Avengers has some great Joss Whedon one-liners, and a lot of fighting. I think The Avengers should be rated TBM for teenage boy movie.

A few minutes after I sat down my back started to hurt, I thought it was the chair. Then it was my hip and then my ankles and as we left the movie it was mostly my jaw aching. So much for escapism, I was acutely aware of this ache moving through me the whole movie, and I realized it’s from the Neupogen shot I had today. They cause joint ache for some people, and for some reason I was sure this wasn’t going to happen to me, so I wasn’t really worried or paying attention.

Still waiting for a break. Although I know my mood is linked with my low red blood cells  because this is exactly what happened last time. I got all weepy and tired and felt like I just couldn’t cope and then as soon as I had the transfusion I felt ridiculously much better, so I guess I’ve got to schedule that sooner rather than later.

I woke up this morning with a splitting headache and a beautiful fruit salad left for me on my porch. There are even fresh cherries in it and yes, fruit salad left by kind and thoughtful person mitigates headache and cherries, beautiful cherries. I’m going to resolve to go get my shot and have a good day. It’s grey out today, but J is in a chorus concert tonight at school which preceeds arts night. I hope his teacher is there so we can give her a great big hug for all the help and support she’s given us this year. We’ve been so lucky with the teachers he has had, well the main classroom teachers anyway, I’ve got nothing good to say about the art teacher who insists on being referred to as Dr. and gives my boy fits of dread or the gym teacher who insisted my nervous, skinny, scared of gym, kindergartner needed to "be a man". But the classroom teachers, couldn’t have asked for better, every year, he has been with a special human being, who really got and appreciated him, and there’s not much better than your kid having a great teacher {or coach}.

No comments:

Post a Comment