Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valet Parking

I've scored a new item for my Cancer Goody Bag. My bright, shiny blue, temporary handicapped tag arrived in the mail yesterday only a week after I applied, despite the form indicating that it would take 6-8 weeks. So somewhere, in Rhode Island, there is an office working efficiently, what do you know!

I do solemnly swear not to abuse it and I'll admit that my quest had to do with one handicapped parking space and one only, one that I've been obsessed with for years. Parking has become increasingly elusive at the mill building that houses my studio. The best place to park is in the courtyard between the two wings of the U-shaped building. But if you drive all the way in, and there are no spaces, which lately, there frequently are not, you have to back all the way out which can be treacherous because it's narrow, and I am a particularly poor backwards driver. At the very end though, right smack next to the door closest to my unit are two handicapped spaces. Spaces that are frequently taken up by large SUVs sans handicapped tags, because obviously these folks are special. Except not anymore they're not, because that is now my private, reserved parking area and they will be getting notes, oh yes they will, if they are parked there which causes me no end of glee. Somewhat sinister I know, but I'm now on a mission from god to clear my private parking space so I'm going to print out flyers for offending vehicles, because this is such a good use of my time {o.k., not, but so what}.

1 comment:

  1. Got one too...am Joanne Sargents friend who has just finished treatment for TNBC. Was at MT Auburn and MGH...let me know if you ever want to talk. Going to St. Annes in Fall River to a yoga class...Moved to Tiverton at the end of the year.
    Keep fighting and writing.
    Susan
    susanmedyn@cox.net

    ReplyDelete