Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hemo-a-go-go

Wow, that hemoglobin is powerful stuff, I feel so much better today, I can't believe it. I took a shower this morning and felt awake for the first time in ages, I literally felt my brain pop back on. I still forgot everything I needed to bring to work and subsequently forgot everything I needed to bring home, but regardless, I feel like I got a bum fuse changed.

Most grateful to my benevolent hemoglobin benefactor, to whom I wish I could send a thank you note. I still took a four hour nap after work, but didn't feel like I was going to die from climbing the stairs. The boys are at their dads, so when I got up, I could scrounge around the fridge and watch TV or get dressed and get out and I did. I forced myself and I'm so glad, I can't remember the last time I went out in the evening, so I took my iPad out on a date. We sat at the bar at Chez Pascal where my friend D is the bartender and had a small and lovely dinner. Coincidentally some friends came in for dinner celebrating a birthday and anniversary, so I joined them for a visit after I ate and it just did such a world of good for me. Spending time with real people, even if you're having dinner with your iPad is better than spending faux time with the Kardashians.

Hemoglobin is my new best friend! Tomorrow, I think I might actually make it to the grocery store.

1 comment: