Monday, December 3, 2012

Best Ever

Well gosh darn it, I had the best birthday ever, and having turned 49, I’m entering the last year of my first half century. I have a completely different perspective on getting older these days, I can’t think of anything better than living to be old. Every year is a gift and an accomplishment. I celebrated my birthday for a good four days. Things began well on the actual day, with an unexpected card slid under my studio door. That night big stayed home to watch little so I could go out. I went with friends to the Craftland Holiday Party, so much fun and then for a lovely dinner. I, who am camera shy actually forced other people to have their picture taken with me.

Next day, while I was at work, the guys cleaned up the house, they actually did, I am a witness. Vacuuming happened, trash went out, books and things went back to rooms, the kitchen floor even got swept. My son’s friend-who-is-a-girl picked up my giant “happy birthday to ME” cake because she is swell, and by 5p.m. the house was festive, happy and swimming with friends, wine and food. One of the nicest nights I’ve ever had, and the first time in a long time, I’ve had a house full of people. After everyone left, the girl, my two boys and their new older brother a.k.a. the tenant and I watched a Saturday Night Live Holiday Special and laughed like mad and I danced in my head, because my feet were too tired.

This is going to be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment